Thursday, June 5, 2008

Operation STUFF IT IN! (ie. packing)

The day is finally upon me. This last week has been even busier than I could have believed with saying goodbye to everyone, studying and writing my exams, and preparing all my equipment and gear for the big day. It seems that time has flown past and so I have to be brief, as I must be on my way to the airport.

To summarise this last week, my OWH stuff is now all organised. That was a big load off my shoulders. They will contact me closer to my arrival in the UK with exactly where I will be working. The good thing is now I know I will be able to afford this 'Great Journey'. The packing has gone extremely well. My brother has been offering his sage-like advice in packing techniques and general survival skills. Thank you to him :D. Even though I think my pack is jam packed to bursting point, he still assures me there is another square foot of space available to me. Ill believe it when I see it.

My head is full of directions, smatterings of essential Greek, things to do and places to go. It is all extremely overwhelming but there is no doubt in my mind that I will have a fantastic time. I simply can't wait to get in the air. Maybe the long flight over to London and Athens will give me time to put my feet up and rest a bit, although we all know that travelling is the worst kind of rest you can get. You always arrive more tired than when you left!

I will try put up another quick post when I arrive in Heathrow, as I have a 4 or 5 hour stopover.

Thank you to everyone for their wishes and support through this last few hectic weeks. You have all been fantastic.

As I said to Rishi last night when he came to see me off, 'SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!'

PS> I will edit this post when I can to add some photos.

No comments: